- 1 Special Characteristic of Bamboo Fibre
- 2 End-use of Bamboo Fibre
- 3 Dyeing and Finishing of Bamboo Textile
Special Characteristic of Bamboo Fibre
The content of bamboo fibre in blended yarns influences the antibacterial behavior of the final product. The higher the bamboo content the better the anti-bacterial properties.
It is suggested to maintain 70% bamboo fibre in blended yarn to reach a satisfying anti-bacteria effect.
The natural functions of anti-bacterial, bacteriostasis, and deodorization have been validated by Japan Textile Inspection Association that even after fifty times of washing, bamboo fabric still possesses the excellent function of anti-bacteria, bacteriostasis.
Its test result shows over 70% death rate after bacteria being incubated on bamboo fibre.
Why bamboo fibre is antibacterial in nature?
The fibre has the bamboo Kun in its structure which makes it antibacterial. When the bacteria come in contact with the fibre it kills it immediately and prevents its growth. That’s why bamboo fibre is known as antibacterial or antimicrobial fibre.
Advantages of Bamboo Fibre
- Bamboo fibre is Naturally anti-bacterial.
- Green & Biodegradable.
- Breathable and Cool.
- Soft hand feeling.
- Luxurious shiny appearance.
Disadvantages of Bamboo Fibre
- Low tensile strength (wet tensile strength is lower by 60% of dry tensile strength).
- Weak cohesion in spinning.
End-use of Bamboo Fibre
Bamboo fabrics are made by pure bamboo fibre yarns, which have excellent Wet Permeability, moisture vapor transmission property, soft hand, better drapery, easy dying, and splendid colors.
It is a newly founded, great prospective green fabric.
1 Bamboo Intimate Apparels
It includes sweaters, bath-suits, mats, blankets, towels have a comfortable hand, special luster and bright colors, good water absorbance.
This fibre has such a sole function as anti-bacterial, which is suitable to make underwear, tight t-shirt and socks.
Its anti-ultraviolet nature is suitable to make summer clothing, especially for the protection of pregnant ladies and children from the hurt of ultraviolet radiation.
2 Bamboo Non-woven Fabric
It is made of pure bamboo pulp, which has the same property as viscose fibres. However, bamboo has wide prospects in the field of hygiene materials such as sanitary napkin, masks, mattress food-packing bags due to its anti-bacterial nature.
3 Bamboo Sanitary Materials
It includes bandage mask, surgical clothes, nurses wears and so on.
The bamboo has natural effects of sterilization and bacteriostasis, therefore it has incomparably wide foreground on the application in sanitary material such as the sanitary tower, gauze mask, absorbent pads, food packing and so on.
In the medical scope, it can be processed into the products of bamboo fibre gauze, operating coat, and nurse dress, etc.
Because of the natural antibiosis function of the bamboo fibre, the finished products need not be added with any artificial synthesized antimicrobial agent, so it won’t cause the skin allergy phenomena, and at the same time, it also has competitive prices in the market.
4 Bamboo Decorating Series
It has the functions of antibiosis, bacteriostasis, and ultraviolet- proof. It is very advantageous for utilization in the decorating industry.
Along with the bad deterioration of atmospheric pollution and the destruction to the ozonosphere, the ultraviolet radiation arrives at the ground more and more.
Long time exposure to ultraviolet irradiation will cause skin cancer. But the wallpaper and curtains made from the bamboo fibre can absorb ultraviolet radiation in a various wavelength, thus to lessen the harm to human body farthest.
What’s more, bamboo decorating product won’t go moldy due to the damp. Curtain, television cover wallpaper and sofa slipcover can all be made by bamboo fibre.
5 Bamboo Bathroom Series
It enjoys good moisture, soft feel, and splendid colors as well as anti-bacterial property, which are well popular in home textiles.
Bamboo towel and bathrobe have soft and comfortable hand feeling and excellent moisture absorption function. Its nature antibiosis function keeps bacterium away so that it won’t produce a bad odor.
Dyeing and Finishing of Bamboo Textile
Light serging, enzyme desizing, moderate bleaching, and semi- mercerizing should be applied to the bamboo fabric during its dyeing and finishing process, which also avoid drastic condition and use small mechanical tension.
- Serging: it is done at the moderate condition.
- Desizing: Should be consolidated, desizing rate should be over 80%.
- Scouring: Pure bamboo normally need no scouring, sometimes wash it with a little alkaline soap. The scouring process should be made in terms of contents blended with cotton. When pure bamboo fabrics are under scouring, the alkali should not be over 10g/liter but be applied in accordance with the thickness of fabrics.
- Bleaching: The processing should be made in terms of the specification and thickness of fabrics.
- Mercerizing: The fabrics are normally free of mercerizing due to their sound luster and bad anti-alkaline. However, some cases are found in order to increase their absorbance capacity to dye stuff.
- Dyeing: It had better use active dyestuff during the dying process, and the alkali should not be over 20g/liter, the temperature should not over 100c. During the drying process, low temperature and light tension are applied.
- The alkali should not over 8g/l in yarn-dying.
Something for You