E-retailing has a lot of unique benefits to both marketers and consumers compared to regular offline retailing, such as the rapid transaction and availability of products, the attracting of more businesses to use the web as a platform in commerce, and many others – which makes it quite an effective practice, if only one makes the proper use of it.
In this paper, we have tried to highlight about e-retailing, its advantages, and disadvantages and its places of use. In the present scenario, there are few difficulties which are faced by people during online shopping, so as to overcome them we have come up with new ideas using the “combine technology” by adding new features with benefits which will increase the comfort level of people.
In this advanced technology driven world, there are many technologies that have made our lives easier & comfortable. One of this is E-retailing; E-retailing means sales or purchase of goods and provision of services through the internet. It is an up trending technology by which we can buy or sell goods by using electronic devices with the help of internet.
Basically, there are various categories in E-retailing, which includes –
- Business to business (B2B).
- Business to customer (B2C).
- Customer to customer (C2C).
- Customer to business(C2B).
- Business to administration (B2A).
- Customer to administration (C2A).
All the above categories have one thing in common, i.e. there are transactions of goods or services between two ends i.e. the seller and the buyer.
Day to day, development in technology has taken place, as a result of which many devices like personal computers, laptops, handsets provide connectivity to the internet by various means. The Internet provides us with ample opportunities to connect with people from one end of the world to the other. People have come up with new ideas using this feature and technology to increase the comfort level of the buyer as well as the seller, by selling & buying goods over the internet without being physically present at the store.
E-retailing has introduced 40 years ago and continues to grow with new strategies and innovation. This technology was introduced in India in the year 1990. It essentially offers a variety of services starting from basic level to higher level for personal need, public need to industrial need.
When E-retailing was introduced people were having least interest due to lack of availability of technology and advanced resources. Nowadays we have stepped into an electronic world where there is an ample availability of resources & technology. Therefore the concept of e-retailing has come into use vigorously in various sectors, including the Textile sector.
The lifestyle of the generation is changing day by day. As a result of which people now prefer to buy these goods online, so as to save time & effort in their busy life.
Sector Where E-retailing used in textile
E-retailing of textiles. It is used in every sector of textiles from raw materials like Bales,
Yarn – cheese, cones, bobbins.
Fabric – gray and RFD.
Machinery – shop floor machinery, spare parts and maintains equipments.
Examples: Amazon, Alibaba, itokri. Etc.
- As the time passed interest of people in online shopping increased because of ease of availability and wide variety products on a single screen.
- In textiles, there are many regions where there is no availability of raw material or there’re scarce, as a result of which e-retailing can play a vital role in procuring the required materials.
- In e-retailing products are supplied directly from manufacturer to the consumer with a good secure end to end encryption.
- We can get the product at actual cost. When we buy the products like raw materials chemicals, etc. manually. The product passes from manufacturer to dealer or they can be one or more than to the consumer. Due to this, there is an increase in the cost of the product to cover the profit margin of the dealers. Therefore the cost of the product increases.
- Quick response and on time placed order is received to the consumer on the comfort level of the customer.
- It is available 24/7 and customer can order from any place, at any time of the day.
- The consumer gets a various variety of option in the same kind of product and available in various sizes easily.
- The best part of e-retailing is it may be started with the single room with one computer and can expand very rapidly, rather than to pay for entire building with expensive overheads.
- Lots of display and specification of the product should be shown to the viewer so that the viewer gets an idea of the product and its quality as he gets while being physically present in the shop.
- Instead of spending so much on physical marketing strategies, e-retailing offers the saving of time, resource & manpower.
- E-retailing can act as a catalyst for economic development.
SOP (Standard Operating Process)
We have come up with a new idea using this feature. Using this technique of combine technology we can create a setup of a computerized scanner with display and data input and output system with internet facility where the customer will be in direct contact with the manufacturer.
In this new idea
- Firstly the customer will select the type of dress he/she required and will give the specification of the garment which they require like color, quality of the fabric, design, accessories etc.
- Then the customer will go in front of a computerized scanner, the scanner will scan the body and estimate the best fitting of dress according to its body.
- Now, the screen will display the body with a dress and its measurement and all the criteria which customer has given to the computer. The computer will also give the customer suggestions for his selection and the best part will be that they will have an option for editing or make changes.
- Now, if the customer is satisfied with his/her choice, then he/she will place the order to the manufacturer by providing his personal detail and will get it delivered to its doorstep within specified time period.
- This technology is perfectly suitable for all kind of people from every generation, to all sizes.
- This is more favorable for people who face difficulties to get their readymade garment i.e. people who are very thin or obese.
- This will give ample options for choosing their dress according to personal taste.
- People can use their creative minds for the unique style of dressing.
In this current scenario, everyone wants to develop quite fast. Therefore, more the number of options faster will be the development. E-Retailing gives us a very good opportunity to explore ourselves both as a consumer & as a producer by sitting in one place without much to worry for. E-retailing is the best option for new and young entrepreneurs.