The ring frame data system operates all spindles production and automatic control on their speed. Ring frame data plays very vital role in production of ring spinning machine, so this paper analyses ring data system used in ring spinning machine.
The aim of this paper to study ring frame data of the ring spinning machine. The purpose of this paper is that understanding the importance of ring frame data system in textile industries or in ring spinning machine. Day by day the use of the ring spinning machine get increasing we must have knowledge about the monitoring system of the ring frame. The ring frame data system operates all spindles production and automatic control on their speed. Ring frame data plays very vital role in a production of ring spinning machine, so this paper analyses ring frame data system used in ring spinning machine.
Have a look at the video
A traveling sensor runs continuously back and forth at the height of the ring rail on each side of the machine on a single machine (pilot unit) or on all machines in the mill. This generates a magnetic field that is affected by the rapidly rotating traveler. If a yarn break occurs, the traveler ceases to rotate and the sensor displays the resulting impulse as an end down, also recording the number of the spindle. As a result of its rapid motion back and forth it registers the spindle several times until the end down is repaired.
The spindle downtime is therefore also recorded. Another sensor fitted on the front roller records the delivery speed and machine stoppages, and another the number of doffs and their duration. All the information collected is ultimately transmitted to a computer with monitor and printer, which performs the necessary analysis and stores the data for preset periods.
What is Ring Frame Data?
Monitoring devices on the ring spinning machine move back and forth on each side of the machine or are installed as stationary units at each spinning position. They can perform one, several or all of the following tasks:
- Detecting and signaling ends down.
- Detecting and repairing ends down.
- Detecting and recording ends down.
- Detecting and analyzing ends down by:
– faulty spinning positions, etc.
- Recording stoppages.
- Recording output.
- Calculating efficiency.
- Roving stop motion in the event of ends down.
Downtime, output, efficiency and ends down records provide the mill with extremely important information for:
– rings, etc.
- establishing the causes of faults, overall and per spinning position.
- Assessing climatic influences.
- Operator guidance to enable spinning mill personnel to move systematically from one yarn break to the next without covering unnecessary ground.
Ring Frame Data By Zellweger
All the information collected is ultimately transmitted to a computer with monitor and printer, which performs the necessary analysis and stores the data for preset periods.
The following data are available via reports on individual machines, individual blends or the installation as a whole that are printed out or can be called up on the monitor by zellweger- Reiter :
- Machine number.
- Period monitored.
- Production period.
- Spindle speeds.
- Yarn twist.
- Output in kg.
- Output in g/spi.h.
- Doffing times.
- Number of cops doffed.
- Number of ends down.
- Ends down per 1 000 spindle hours.
- Mean duration of ends down.
- Preset maximum number of ends down.
- Number of spindles with ends down exceeding this limit.
Individual Spindle Monitoring (ISM) By Rieter:
This system features an optical sensor on the ring frame at each spinning position, which monitors the motion of the traveller. It can therefore perform 3 operations:
- Recording ends down (incl. start-up ends down following cop changes) and registering spindles rotating too slowly (so-called slipper spindles).
- Convenient analysis and presentation of these data in the SPIDER web system.
Operator guidance in 3 steps:
- Signal lamps at both ends of the machine indicate when an ends down limit has been exceeded.
- A LED for each 24 spindles indicates that an end is down in this section.
- A LED at each spinning position indicates an end down or a slipper spindle.
This individual spindle monitoring system has distinct advantages:
- No moving parts.
- No maintenance.
- Continuous monitoring of all spindles.
The Power Monitoring Feature In Ultino:
The ring frames consuming more power. Ultimo is the most advanced individual spindle monitoring system for spinning. Decision for patrolling: With the help of unique single spindle light indication system, a ring frame operator can decide whether a patrolling is required or not for a ring frame side. Similarly, a maintenance foreman can easily identify the problem spindles like rogues and slips and can take corrective actions instantly without looking into the data in computer. Prioritization of patrolling paths: Using the machine display unit and light indications on spindles, operator can priorities the machines based on breaks and can optimize the patrolling path. By this way, stress level on operators can be reduced to a large extent. Also, loss due to breaks is reduced and thereby a significantly increase in production is achieved.
Control your slip spindles: Slip spindles are identified in the single spindle light indication itself. User can set two levels for identifying slip spindles. A normal slip which will be usually about 3-5 per cent, which is due mostly due to a worn out tape or old spindle wharves. There are few spindles which are slipping due to the tapes running out of the spindle jockey pulleys. The slip levels in those spindles will be very high in a range of 10-20 per cent.
The yarns from these spindles posses lower twist and weak in strength and elongation These yarns create more breakages in further processing. Cops from these spindles can be even removed by the operator and thus producing poor quality yarn can be avoided. Ultimo indicates a simple green light indication for normally slipping spindles and if slip is abnormal and above the user defined limits, then the green and red light toggles in the spindle light indication alarming the user that the slip is abnormal.
Changing the work culture: Till date, without a spindle monitoring system the workers could not be able to recognise their skills in terms of work effectiveness. With the help of various tools like status boards, machine display units operator can tangibly estimate see their performances in terms of number of breaks in each Ring frame and end mending time. Even the working method of the operator itself can be changed effectively. An operator has to compulsorily patrol inside all the Ring frame sides if there is no spindle monitoring system available. Now they can decide whether to enter into a Ring frame side or not based on the individual spindle light indications and machine display unit information. An effective change and easiness in work culture will fetch direct benefits at the work place and also to the management.
1. This paper tells us different functions of ring frame data system, etc.
2. We learn how we can increase performance ring spinning machine by using this system.
3. The final conclusion of this paper that because of ring frame data system and individual spindle monitoring system , how easy to handle the speed and other parameters of ring spinning machine.
1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ringframe. 2. Indian Textiles Journal – The Indian Textile Journal – Technology & Trade info for tomorrow’s Textile Industry_ 3. Rieter